FGBC Unveils Names of Its Top 15 Home Builders
The Florida Green Building Coalition (FGBC) has announced it selected the state’s top 15 builders of sustainable homes to honor as part of the group’s 15th anniversary celebration.
“These builders are being recognized for their conscientious green building efforts in creating healthier and safer homes and a more sustainable Florida,” said Suzanne Cook, executive director of FGBC. “As FGBC marks its 15th anniversary, we’re pleased to salute their contributions to creating more resilient communities and protecting Florida’s natural resources.”
FGBC certified homes complete a technically rigorous building assessment and construction process to promote design and construction practices that reduce the negative environmental impacts of the building, improve occupant health and well-being, and reduce operating costs for the owner.
The Top 15 builders, selected based on the number of FGBC certifications, were recognized November 12, 2015 at GreenTrends, the annual two-day conference that brings together green building industry leaders throughout the state to shape policies and practices for the industry.
Florida’s Top 15 Green Home Builders are:
Honorees listed in alphabetic order.
• Atlantic Housing Partners, Winter Park
• ContraVest Management Company, Altamonte Springs
• FLF Holdings, Jupiter
• Florida Home Partnership, Ruskin
• K. Hovnanian Homes, Tampa
• Kimball Hill Homes, Bradenton
• Lee Wetherington Homes, Sarasota
• Minto Communities, Coconut Creek
• Neal Communities, Sarasota
• Premier Construction & Development, Tallahassee
• Southern Crafted Homes, Land O’ Lakes
• Taylor Morrison Homes, Sarasota
• WCI Communities, Bonita Springs
• William Ryan Homes, Tampa
• ZOM Development, Ft. Lauderdale